Monday, October 03, 2005

going...crazy

I'm slowly going insane today...or rather, being slowly driven insane by the construction crews working in the building. It's quiet for about 5 minutes then "BANG!!" Loud hammering-type noises errupt around me. On top of that, we're holding auditions downstairs so every few minutes someone walks through the door, ignoring the sign that says "go downstairs" and asks me "where do I go?"

But enough venting.

I have a funny story to tell.

Last night, I had to help usher at Woolly Mammoth (the theatre matters, read on) since only one of our ushers showed up on time. My co-worker, Elissa, was tearing tickets and generall pointing people in the direction of the theatre. I looked up just in time to see an elderly (not creepy) man walk up to her and say "If you take my shirt off, I'm woolly. But I'm not mammoth." He then walked up to me and after me saying "Can I help you?" he responded with "God helps those who help themselves" then he leaned in and cupped his hand around his mouth and continued "but God help those who help themselves."

Back to my outlaw Sudoku puzzle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home