Sunday, May 01, 2005

An interview

I got this from Jeff.

1. Leave me a comment saying, "Interview me."
2. I will respond by asking you five questions. I get to pick the questions.
3. You will update your live journal with the answers to the questions.
4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

1. Who's your hero?
My mother. She has been through a lot of horrible, horrible things in her life but she has never given up. She is still learning and working on making her life and the life of the family better. She is beautiful and strong.

2. If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would it be?
After what I wrote for my answer to number 1, the answer to number 2 would be Bowling Green, OH. I get homesick sometimes.


3. What was the last movie you saw that you really loved?
Um...Being Julia. It made me remember why I love theatre and film. Theatre since that's what it's about, and film because it's just that damn good.


4. If you could write your own entry for the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, what would it read?
I think my entry would read: Theatre Technicians. They are a quiet species chosing to reside mainly in large, cold, dark rooms. Color is lacking from their wardrobes and they often travel in packs when out of doors (which is rare.) As a sub-species of humans, they are mostly harmless.

5. What was the last song that got stuck in your head?
HA! Well, at work it would be either "Freedom, Freedom, High-Day, High-Day, Freedom" or "Free the Flowers."


Now that I've posted 3 posts in a single waking day, I'm out.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jeff Mac said...

Okay, amiga, interview me! :)

-Jeff

P.S. - Your prize is coming soon, promise!

4:11 PM  
Blogger ruehllin said...

Okay Mr. Mac:

1. What is your favorite episode, quote, and character from Family Guy?
2. What was the last movie that made you cry from happiness?
3. Who would play you in your life story?
4. How do you deal?
5. If you could recover one thing you lost from your childhood, what would it be?

11:43 PM  
Blogger Jeff Mac said...

1. What is your favorite episode, quote, and character from Family Guy?

Episode: "Road to Rhode Island"
Quote: Chris, in "Fore, Father" - "Oh my God! My fish is gone! And he robbed me!"
Character: Though it's a close call between him and Stewie, my favorite is Brian. Any character who can get away with lines like, "Barkeep, whose leg do you have to hump to get a dry martini around here?" just plain rules.

2. What was the last movie that made you cry from happiness?

Some may find this an odd choice, but "Miracle." I can't quite explain it, but the film really had a powerful impact on me, especially when the tribute to Herb comes up at the end and it says, "He never saw it. He lived it."

3. Who would play you in your life story?

I can't come up with a solid single answer here, but as far as personality goes, I'm elaning toward either Topher Grace or Jimmy Fallon. They'd have to wear prosthetics and a fat suit, naturally, but they could do the character well.

4. How do you deal?

To be frank, I really don't. Anyone who's seen me when the sh*t hits the fan knows that I don't deal with adversity that well, I'm sorry to say. The best I can do when I'm out of it (which is a lot) is latch onto something pop culture-oriented and focus on that (right now it's "Family Guy"), or do stuff to help out a friend, or a combination of both (the BGSU Rumble and its kin).

5. If you could recover one thing you lost from your childhood, what would it be?

If we're talking material possessions, the one thing I had back then which I wish I still had (and this'll make me sound like the world's BIGGEST geek) are episodes of "Siskel and Ebert" on video. Gene ain't around anymore, and the legalities of the clips from other movies (not to mention probable lack of demand) means that they'll never be shown anywhere again. More than any other show, that's what I grew up watching, and I really wish I could have some copies of episodes just for posterity. Now, if we're talking personality-wise, I had a relatively large amount of self-confidence in my youth. I wish I could have that back.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interview me, please!

8:45 PM  
Blogger ruehllin said...

Okay, Sean, here are your questions:

1. What is your favorite Scrubs episode, quote, and character?
2. What is your biggest fear?
3. Business or pleasure?
4. What makes you so pissed off that you lose that cool exterior?
5. Why are you so hot?

7:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are my answers...

1. What is your favorite Scrubs episode, quote, and character?

My favorite episode is the one where J.D. gets a voice recorder and has his interns slapping themselves.
My favorite quote:
Dr.Cox: I suppose I could riff a list of things that I care as little about as our last week together. Lemme see, uhh.... Low-carb diets. Michael Moore. The Republican National Convention. Kabbalah and all Kabbalah-related products. Hi-def TV, the Bush daughters, wireless hot spots, 'The O.C.', the U.N., recycling, getting Punk'd, Danny Gans, the Latin Grammys, the real Grammys. Jeff, that Wiggle who sleeps too darn much! The Yankees payroll, all the red states, all the blue states, every hybrid car, every talk show host! Everything on the planet, everything in the solar system, everything everything everything everything everything everything, everything that exists, past, present and future, in all discovered and undiscovered dimensions....Oh! And Hugh Jackman
JD:(IN HEAD) Hugh Jackman's Wolverine! How dare he!

And J.D. is my favorite!

2. What is your biggest fear?

To fail at something I really love to do.

3. Business or pleasure?

Pleasure all the time

4. What makes you so pissed off that you lose that cool exterior?

Republicans

5. Why are you so hot?

Well, it could be because I am puertorican, it could be because I am a confident and happy person, it could also be because both sides of my face are perfectly symectrical (sp?)...but I think the right answer is..."I'm not."

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home